Complete Heroes Reboot

Started by Hasabushi, November 04, 2017, 10:35:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hasabushi

Thinking of rebooting heroes, allowing players to jointly setup a team, team name, logo and base. A lot of interactive features that are easy to setup. So you guys tell me what you think, and if you think it's a good idea :)

Mysticsage

I'm game for whatever just messaged you wanting to play heroes anyway lol without realizing you post this.

Mysticsage

Hasabushi

Okay officially rebooting Heroes, there will be a number of changes including the location, events, and time period. Powers will work pretty much the same except for a few changes to how alignment works. Also most heroes will have had solo adventures before joining the Enforcers. More details coming. 

Hasabushi

I want to keep this real simple because I know people have lives, so I want a player to spend as little time as possible to accomplish an action therefore the following process will be super overly simplified. There will be a serious of listed actions that can be used in pretty much any situation, if not I'll indicate during that scenario.

Basic
1. INTERACT this is simply used to indicate that the player wishes to interact with a player or other object, creature in the game. This is stated by using the word interact along with who are what you want to interact with. If something can't be interacted with it will be assumed that the player is "talking to themselves".

2. NEUTRAL player essentially does nothing and waits to see what the other players will do. Note: If called upon by a party member a player may still elect to remain neutral. Neutral events include, sleeping, eating, & any other action that would have no consequences on anyone or anything. A player can simply state "I am currently remaining neutral while I do {action}"

Actions - Defensive
3. DEFENSE A player may declare that they are currently going to be defensive, this involves performing some sort of defensive event such as blocking, casting a defensive spell or any other action that implies protecting oneself or others. A player can simply state "I am being defensive, as I am only parrying this round".

4. FLEE A player may declare a flee action anytime they wish to remove themselves from a situation, this does not necessarily mean combat, however if the character has already initated an action of some other (besides defensive) penalties will apply, i.e. player is currently attacking and decides to flee, chances of player getting hit behind go up drastically.

5. PROTECT A player may declare a protect action anytime they wish to guard or shield a person or object, that they deem needs protection, A protect action can give another player time to recuperate from a hit, or heal themselves. Note: Any damage or effects originally directed at the the protected player will now be auto directed to protector.

Actions - HOSTILE
6. ATTACK A player may declare attack action on any person place or thing. When a player declares an attack, they are choosing to take a hostile action and accepting all possible outcomes including death or dismemberment.

7. ASSASSIN A player may declare themselves an assassin action at any time that they wish to not engage in combat and attempt a sneak attack against another player or object. Once declaring an assassin action it can not be retconed once committed to public forum. This is also called murder.

8. STEAL A player may declare a steal option against another player or object, Stealing is not easy and often ends if failure, moral of the story is if your not a thief, probably best to not try and steal anything. To use a steal action a player must indicate what they want to steal and what reason there character would commit such an act. "I just want it" only works if your character is a kleptomaniac.