The Aquiann

Started by PhilosopherSwordsman, July 13, 2017, 05:51:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhilosopherSwordsman

"I almost pity them, as they lie there motionless, floating in those nutrient rich primordial pools. The head waters of our world, the Aquiann. They seemed dead, though they were far from it. Devoid of normal lives they had been reduced to mere mental machines meant to probe other minds. Their bodies wasted away to nothing but flesh and bones. Depriving themselves of substance so that their internal energies may be channeled towards their mental capabilities. It almost saddens me to look upon them. Their lips cracked and dried shut, their eyes colorless. Unable to speak or see as you or I. They speak to the Gaia Principle, the invisible governing force of our world. Who in turn speak to me, the Matriarch, through the Immateria, the collective unconscious of our species. They are the Earth Speakers, women who have sacrificed their bodies to serve the Divine Path. Here, deep underground, hidden away within the First Men's Warren, we seek out possible candidates for a centuries old breeding program, to create the Divine Path Totality. An Antediluvian hybrid, the primogenial beings of our world.

I sighed and wondered if I would have made such a sacrifice. Would I have cast away my body and lived within those life sustaining pools? All connected to ancient subterranean aquifers that vein all across the Aquiann. Water is the lifeblood of the world and of all beings who live upon it. We ourselves are bodies of water and through this we are all connected."

The Matriarch

Soon to come, history, lore, maps, and more.