[Feu] Assistance

Started by Throndir, July 11, 2017, 12:37:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

You cast your spell, and as you touched the little girl, the healing glow spread throughout her body, closing and mending the few burns that she had. The little girl immediately felt the relief however, and only looked towards you with a sort of amazement. Though tempered still, as her eyes were still red and puffy.

The houses around you still burned brightly, and though you weren't in immediate danger, corpses still littered around the street. It seemed like whoever, or whatever did this, carved a swath of destruction through the village of Deller's Rock. 

[okay]Little girls heals 5.[/okay] Further in the distance, you thought you saw some movement, but were not sure.

[info]Feu to roll Perception[/info]
QuoteDamage Taken/Status
Feu: 1
Girl: 0

kitkat27

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+7 : 18 + 7, total 25[/blockquote]

Throndir

In the distance, you were barely able to make it out, but you did see it. It was two goblins throwing what looked to be torches or some other flammable item on the buildings. They haven't noticed you yet at all. Most of their attention was focused on their current task after all. The string of dead bodies form where you stood to the goblins seemed to go on. Further on ahead, it was then that you realize that some of the bodies too were those of the goblinkind.

Behind you, you heard one of the buildings collapse on itself, as the fires finally weakened the support structures of the building.

kitkat27

It's a relief to know we are far enough from the building to be safe. I pulled the girl near me so that she was facing away from the building as it viciously crumbled down on its foundations. Looking ahead, I wondered what those goblins throwing flammables on the buildings had to with everything and what the story behind it is. I just saw them. They haven't noticed us yet, and I hope they won't. Goblins are mischievous creatures. I can only wonder what they would do if they did.

In the meantime, I should talk to the girl I just rescued and find out more about who she is and what happened to this village. So, I looked for a place where we can be comfortable and out of sight of anyone who might see us. Squinting in the distance around the vicinity, I did find a row of hedges tall enough to hide behind several feet from where we are. We should be careful not to be seen by the goblins on our way there.

Throndir

The only quiet place to go to was further out of the village. You started to backtrack quietly with the little girl, making your way out of the road, away from the village. There were places to get out of sight from the goblins by going behind the burning buildings. However, most of he shrubbery and foliage of the town have already caught on fire, so there wasn't much that can be used here that was safe to sit in. Further out of the village were trees however, and you knew those had not yet caught fire.

QuoteClarification needed, any row of hedges in the burning village is likely already on fire, and likewise burning away or mostly burned away,
would need clarification on where you're going next.

kitkat27

I helped the girl walk as we were heading out further away from the village. She was still in bad shape and pretty shocked state. If we stayed any more near the burning building, we still might be endangered plus the fact that there are goblins around who might see us, who we're not sure if they're friends or foes. I realized most of the nearby hedges and foliage have caught fire themselves, so more reason for us to be as far as we possibly can away from here.

I looked to the direction opposite the building where the goblins cannot see us and started heading for it, to a forest where the trees are tall and thriving that will give us a good hideout place. "Trust me on this, all right? We have to move as quiet as we can getting out of here," I told the girl.

Throndir

You make your way away out towards the forests, trying to quietly move as fast as possible away from the area, going the opposite direction from where you had seen the goblins. You managed to get away easily. The goblins were still far away after all, and the burning fires around you and the resulting noise that came from it was enough to mask both yours and the little girl's escape.

As you moved away from the fires, going into the neighboring forest, you started noticing evident tracks. Not the same ones that you had seen earlier, but more akin to a single or handful of people. It was then that you saw what looked to be an old man propped against a tree, his leg profusely bleeding. It was bandaged tight with his own ripped clothes, and the man breathed raggedly. He was still conscious however, that you can tell.

Beside him looked to be a dead corpse of a goblin, still relatively fresh.

QuoteIf you plan to sneak up on him, roll stealth, or if not, and you want to make your presence known, just get his attention.

kitkat27

I went around the tree to avoid being noticed by the man. There are a lot of things running through my head, a lot of questions still unanswered. I didn't know where to go yet, only that I should not be seen by any creature we might encounter. Even the girl I am with I am starting to have doubts about as she hasn't told me anything yet and just kept sobbing.

Throndir

[info]Feu to roll Stealth when able. 1d20+11[/info]

kitkat27

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+11 : 13 + 11, total 24[/blockquote]

Throndir

The old man had his eyes closed, and you were able to creep on him without him noticing at all.

kitkat27

I looked at his surroundings in hopes of finding a clue or something. I had a closer look at the presumably dead  goblin's body near him. He is definitely dead and blood is still flowing from him, indicating a very recent death.

The man still had his eyes closed.

Throndir

[info]Feu to roll Perception[/info]

kitkat27

[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+7 : 1 + 7, total 8[/blockquote]

Throndir

The old man was completely oblivious to your presence, and though he occasionally moved, he kept his eyes closed, and breathed raggedly. You did not see anything else of interest in the area, or on the man however.