Arc 1 Clark Solo: New Town Old Tropes

Started by Mysticsage, July 06, 2017, 04:16:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pringerbeam

Clark was embarassed by his failure and sullenly kept his gaze away from Owen in order to hide any sign of his soured mood.  "I was fine." He said, looking away from Owen.  He looked around, giving the nurse's room an apraisal while he let signs of his fluster drain away from his face as best he could.  He was trying to orient himself after the dizzying near fall.  He wasn't sure where in the school he was and had never been inthis room before.
[info]Perception roll if needed This dice roll has been tampered with!
Rolled 2d6 : 3, 5, total 8[/info]
[warning]Sorry about the edits[/warning]

Mysticsage

[info]add streetwise and then roll a separate one d6[/info]

pringerbeam

[info]Streetwise[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 2, total 4[/blockquote]
Additional dice[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 2, total 2[/blockquote][/info]

Mysticsage

"Whatever you say Man, your welcome by the way." He said with an audible smirk seeming to take notice of Clark's embarrassment while he scanned the room, but choosing not to comment further on it.  "You know I don't think I caught your name before." He panted slightly as he finished recovering.

The nurse's office could by all appearances be better qualified as a large closet rather then an actual room. Shaped like an "L" the office is split into two even smaller rooms. The vertical section had two beds with curtains and a large antique Chinese medicine cabinet dominating the room at the bottom corner by the window. Making this already cramped room even more so the imposing design decision makes it hard to pick out other details at a glance outside of the normal supplies.

All the actual medicine you imagine along with the nurse's desk and files are behind the door directly to your right making the horizontal portion of the "L". The door appears to be locked at first glance. Most likely to keep kids and the following lawsuits out of the supply without supervision.

One thing you do notice is there appears to be no bathroom access with only a sink and a mirror wedged opposite of the two beds. With the room being barely wide enough at the most uncluttered points for two people to stand comfortably together it's a miracle that. Although the lack of a bathroom is a small inconvenience that may not be worth noting.

pringerbeam

Clark doesn't respond to Owen as he walks over to the chinese medicine cabinet.  He looks over the drawers, hoping to see if there are any indications for what is in each drawer.  He tries to open three drawers at random, looking to discern their contents.  He continues to look over the cabinet.  It reminded him of shops he saw in his travels.  Dank, musty places smelling of incense and underneath it all more intriguing fumes.  It seemed out of place for such a cabinet to be here, in this town so far from where one would think to find it.  "Where did this come from?"

Mysticsage

"Who knows, remarked Owen seeming to take notice of the cabinet for the first time. "It's the first time I've seen it. Someone must have found this thing over the summer. What's it for anyways?"

As Clark searched through random drawers he found things like candied ginger, garlic, and star anise stuffed into one of the drawers. Searching further he found things most often found in a grocery store in any good Chinatown in regards to eastern medicine. Opening the last door, however, he found a small compact container made from dark stained wood with a small handwritten label on it. In sharp calligraphy, EX-10 Cuts and Bruises was scrawled across the label. Opening the lid the substance inside looked like a facial cream like substance, which reminded Clark of the kind of pastes and salves he had seen various medicine men and country doctors use the world over.

pringerbeam

Clark turned the compact over in his hands, looking over its craftsmanship.  Seems awfully nice for a public school.  He thinks to himself.  His mind starts to wander and he continues to turn the compact in his hands absent mindedly.  Where could all of this have come from?  There isn't a chinatown for hours and I don't think this could have all been locally grown.  He taps the compact in his hand and walks a small circle in place.  He tries the door to the room with the nurses desk to see if it's locked.  "Who's the nurse that works here?"

Mysticsage

As Clark passed lost in thought he barely noticed his heartbeat begin to quicken as the questions rushed through his head. Time felt like it slowed down slightly as a phantom tingling sensation of foreign excitement like electricity ran through his body making the hair on the back of his neck stand on end and energized the gate of his step slightly as moved to check the door. His body did not feel quite his own heady under the weight of the atmosphere, heat, and his own hungry curiosity a need to.

Then he touched the door finding it indeed locked, and the moment passed as quick as it came; leaving no trace of itself more then a slight tingle across the roof of his mouth and his shoulders as if he had sneezed. The whole thing lasted no longer then a few moments making it difficult to tell wether it even happened or not, as he asked his question.

Owen did not seem to notice or miss a beat as things returned to normal making it even harder to distinguish what happened. You mean Nurse Hawthorne? She started last year ever since the old nurse retired. She's nice if not a bit enthusiastic.

pringerbeam

Clark stopped for a minute, his hand on the handle of the door still.  "Did you?"  He turns around, looking up at the ceiling and then back out the window they came in through.  He looks down at the compact in his hand then back up at Owen.  "Enthusiastic how?  Enthusiastic enough to buy an antique cabinet and then fully stock it with exotic ingredients?  How much are they paying her to afford this?"  He moitions with the compact at the cabinet and then taps it agaist his other hand.

[info]Perception check in case there is something to notice.[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 1, total 2[/blockquote][/info]

Mysticsage

[info]Nothing new catches your attention[/info]
Owen seemed a bit lost at the questions, scratching his head and looking up at the ceiling missing any looks or feelings Clark may be having while trying his best to answer. "Your bet on payment is as good as mine, most likely no more than peanuts I'd Imagine, I doubt that the school has extra funds. But, don't quote me on that" He paused to chew on his thoughts for a moment longer.

"As for what I mean by enthusiastic, there are a lot of kids who are struggling either at home or at school for some reason or another. There is not really a budget for a counselor and she has taken it upon herself to watch out for people. Make sure they're eating and that kind of thing regardless of who they are. She's chased after me more than a handful of times after I got scraped up, She's eccentric and overbearing and made kids have detention more than once for not listening. So she might have bought the thing and filled it but that would most likely have to be coming out of some private funds." He then looked at his watch, "Crap! we should get going the bell is going to ring soon!"

pringerbeam

Clark looks up at the door at this and checks his own watch for the time.  Pocketing the compact he heads for the door.  "Well I guess our time here is at an end then Snorlax.  Thanks for the tip on getting back into the school."  Clark walks over to the door into the hallway.  Cracking open the doorway he looks through to see whats going on in the hallwaty.

Mysticsage

As you glance down the hall it's mostly empty except for a few kids still mulling by the hallway notice boards as they seem to be struggling with the club stuff from that morning. Other than that the halls are deserted as classes are just about to be let out for the next period.

"Glad I could help I guess," he slaps you on the shoulder as he goes to move past you, " don't be so formal if you see me feel free to say hi Buddy at the very least you're entertaining." He goes out into the hallway just as the bell rings and the masses beginning filling the halls and then he's lost in the tide.

pringerbeam

Clark follows Owen's lead and slips into the tide of teenagers and heads for his next class.  His head a bit cleared by his adventure, he tries to surreptitiously get to his next class without bumping into his last teacher in case they cared enough to try and bring him up on his class ditching.  He also tried to keep an eye out for that ginger kid from earlier.  Who knows what new testosterone fueled accusations he was going to try and make if they ran into eachother again. 

Mysticsage

The next class went by easily enough without another outburst or strange incident beyond the occasional request to leave class.  It was nothing out of the ordinary and lunch was coming up next which would give Clark more time to breathe. The bell rang as hunger pangs from that morning's escapades began to settle in. The cafeteria is one of the larger rooms on campus which isn't saying much with a handful of tables both inside and outside for people to mull around and eat.

Students are busily mulling about grabbing trays of food and chatting, getting an isolated table seems almost impossible but the rumbling in your stomach drives you to enter the room.

pringerbeam

Clark makes his way into the caffeteria, looking for where the queue started.  He kept an eye out for trouble and tried to get a feel for the cliques of the school.  Caffeterias were the watering holes of the primal savanah afterall and it was best to try and see who were the lions, who were the gazelles, and who were the hyenas.  So Clark sits in line watching the other students while he waits for his turn. 
[info]Perception check if needed[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 4, total 10[/blockquote]
+Streetwise if applicable[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 2, total 6[/blockquote][/info]