Substitute Shopkeeper

Started by Katrias Lyseer, September 02, 2016, 01:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katrias Lyseer

"Crap! Crap, crap, crappy crap!" Katrias kept shouting from within her store, loud enough for the people at the streets to hear, as she quickly went about looking around her place, throwing all sorts of items on the floor, and looking for something. Finally she found it, a simple bag with items stuffed in. Taking that she hurried out the door.

Her eyes scanned the streets beyond for a particular guild emblem. Finally she found a familiar face.

"You! You're taking care of my shop til I get back! No ifs and buts!" She exclaimed as she quickly made her way towards you. She had what looked to be a piece of paper in her hand, and though you couldn't quite make out the words, it had a list of things written on it. The commotion she made drew more than a couple glances as some stared, curious to see what the cause of the ruckus was.

[info]Some custom mechanics involved. Its hopefully simple enough.
300 exp for joining, +200 exp per customer/group of customers helped. Percentage increase depending on well they were served, or how much money the store made.
Max 2 players. (3 if you promise to be really active).[/info]
Idiots. A whole bunch of idiots.

Mysticsage

The bard smiled going with the tempo of the abrupt shopkeeper. He had only been coming through to pick up some basic goods that he had ordered. "Sure I'm more then willing I have nothing better to do regardless." He shrugged as he looked about the shop and the people milling around.

A sudden split of thunder and flash of lightning could be heard outside as he took the paper. '"Well that's odd. I don't believe it was supposed to rain"He said. The clear summer day had suddenly been overwhelmed by a storm as if out of no where to signfy the event. Sheets of rain pelted down as the half elf bard cast a small spell about himself changing his usual leathers to more fitting attire with an apron and a handkerchief holding back his hair as he stepped behind the counter. "Everything will be fine while your gone Katrias" he chuckled waving her out as another crash of thunder could be heard from the heavens.

Katrias Lyseer

"Oh great. Now it's raining. Something else to add on to the joy that is today!" Katrias fumed, but she unraveled the piece of paper in her hand and began to hand it to the bard. She seemed to cast some sort of cantrip as well as the rain didn't seem to soak her clothes.

"The paper has the list of customers coming in for today. The so-called 'important' ones anyways. Not that I care, and normally I would suffer through another customer, but the crappy merchant's society wants to bring me in for some questioning! I won't be back til midnight."

She stuffed the piece of paper into your hands.

"My apprentice will explain everything else!" With that, Katrias took off, cursing again as she sped towards her destination.

Current Time: 8 AM

It indeed was the list of customers that Katrias seemed to be aware of. The first one on the list seemed to arrive at 10 AM. Just two hours from now.
Idiots. A whole bunch of idiots.

Throndir

QuoteWaiting on Kryas. Still open to 1 more player.

Mysticsage

Kryas whipped around in that moment having mysteriously changed clothes int a workers outfit instead of his performer's gear just a moment beforehand. He had his hair pulled back with a scarf and a dark green workers apron tied around his waist. Moving to the space where Katrias normally took payments he smiled like a king surveying his kingdom. Seeing everything at peace for the time being he looked into what he assumed was a back storeroom to look for her supposed apprentice. "Hello, sorry to trouble you, but Katrias put me in charge of the store for a while. She gave me a note and said you could give me further details?" He called out to the room unsure if he had met this apprentice in the past or not. "I'd love to chat about anything important I should know before the first rush."

Anastasia Sheel

There was a loud crash as you called out to the backroom. It sounded like the sound of breaking glass, perhaps more likely, considering the fact this was a wizard's abode, a set of bottles or potions even.

You can hear an audible sigh coming from the back, and soon enough a girl emerged. You instantly recognized her, it was the young girl that Kin and Jornathel had discovered almost 6 months ago. At the time she looked to be ten years old at most, yet now she looked to be around 14 or 15 by your estimation.

"You... are the... substitute?" Anastasia asked, as a hint of recognition appeared in her eyes. Her demeanor had always been distant, and at times it had been hard to read her, but ever since she was first found, she had been showing more signs of outward emotions, even communicating more with the other guild members.

You noticed that her clothing seemed to be wet, as if she had spilled something on them. She held what looked to be a towel on one hand, while the other she held what looked to be a piece of paper with some scribblings on it.

"You are Kryas. Yes further details..." Anastasia said softly, keeping her eyes on the bard.

[info]Kryas to roll a base CHA for a first time impression from Anastasia in the context of the RP.
Also roll a 1d100.

I'll then proceed with Ana giving the details.[/info]

Mysticsage

[info]
Cha check
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+4 : 19 + 4, total 23[/blockquote]
D 100
[blockquote]Rolled 1d100 : 25, total 25[/blockquote]
[/info]