Started by Linwelin, August 31, 2016, 12:50:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linwelin

[info]Mini mission!

Requirements: Character must have at least a +5 in Perception

Max Players: 2
Exp Reward (varies from 50% to 200%): 100
Gold: Unknown[/info]

While traveling through a detour route back to Ternadan, you find that path leads through a tunnel. Lighting your torch, you head straight into the dark path. There are several, long torches lining the walls of the cavernous path, though they seem to have been poorly maintained, with some of them left unlit, and others with barely any time left. This leaves you straining your eyes to stay cautious of your environment.

It's about 10 minutes in that your eyes catch something for an instant that glints with light along the left wall. The torchlight only catches for an instant, and the dimness of the light in the area makes it hard for you determine where it came from. Something about this makes you curious.

[info]Find the shiny thing![/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Ella

Callista Fae

Callista could not ignore her curiosity. What sort of tunnel was this? Where did it lead? Who maintained it? Although it was poorly maintained, it still showed signs that someone at least visited this place.

Her low-light vision allowed her to see better than some, and she used it to her advantage as she continually surveyed her surroundings. With her ever-present attraction to shiny things, the quick flash of something shiny failed to escape her attention. She quickly flew in its direction. Not seeing it again, she looked around for the nearest unlit torch in which to cast Spark on. Surely more light would help her find what she was looking for.

[spoiler]Perception: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 16 + 6, total 22[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Linwelin

Callista

You find a torch with ease, and light it successfully. Taking another sweeping glance through the tunnel, you come across the glint on the wall. On closer inspection, it's not on the wall, but IN the wall. About 3 feet into the wall, through a hole formed by rubble from a minor collapse in the wall, there is a silvery glint reflecting the torchlight back to you; no other details of the reflective object can be determined from this distance due to the odd lighting. The hole is about 2 inches in diameter.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Ella

Callista Fae

Giggling to herself about the shiny, Callista started to crawl into the hole before realizing that she was blocking the light and could not see. Deciding to light up the hole first, the faerie looked around for a rock or pebble big enough to fit through the hole in which to cast light on. After all, there could be a spider in there, waiting for her to crawl in and get stuck in its web so it could eat her. She shivered at the thought.

Linwelin

[info]Going off your base perception, you find the pebble you're looking for with ease.[/info]

You make your way through the hole, the lit pebble allowing you to see with ease. You note, as you crawl through the hole, that it wasn't something simply embedded in the rubble, but sitting in an alcove that the caved in wall had hidden. The alcove is large enough for an average male human to stand in, and is around 3 feet wide and deep. You can still see a glint from within another rubble pile at the back wall, but from another observation you can already tell what's underneath. Two humanoid, armored legs are sticking out along the floor from beneath the rocks, leading you to believe that the glint is most likely the poor soul's equipment.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Ella

Callista Fae

'Huh. How did someone this big get through a hole that size?' Callista wondered. 'Oh! Maybe it was a faerie, too! Or maybe...' Looking at the rubble piles, the faerie wondered how stable the space she was in was. If she tried to dig through the rubble, would she get caved in on?

[spoiler]Perception to see how stable the alcove seems to be.
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+6 : 20 + 6, total 26[/blockquote][/spoiler]

Linwelin

[info]As Callista doesn't have Knowledge (Engineering), roll a base Intelligence check using your Int modifier to understand the structural integrity of the collapsed wall you'd just crawled through, as well as the structural integrity of the entire alcove.[/info]

From what can be seen, the entire collapse seems stable at the moment. However, you're not sure what moving any rubble from the wall you crawled through would cause. That would take a more careful analysis. As for the rubble around the buried figure, it is all detached from any portion of the alcove that would keep this small room from collapsing more. You deem digging around the buried figure as a safe option.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Ella

Callista Fae

[spoiler]Intelligence: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+2 : 17 + 2, total 19[/blockquote][/spoiler]