[IC] Temple of Dorgan

Started by Throndir, November 15, 2012, 03:05:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linwelin

"Huh." Kin grunted in appraisal of his observations. "Guess I'll just take what's useful." The halfling clambered over to the elemental's head and began to attempt extracting the jewel eyes. Once he manages to get those in hand, he returns to the fists, and wields his greatsword once more. "I really wish it'd died with its hands OPEN." Kin brings his greatsword down along the creature's fingers, hoping to find something within its grasp.

As for the indentations near the chains, well, that required more thought. He knew the last one was a command word, but this didn't seem to be the case.

[info]Rolling Strength for gem removal, attack for the cutting of the fist, and Intelligence for thinking about the indentation.[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Linwelin

[info][blockquote]Strength:  1d20+2 : 11 + 2, total 13[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Attack:  1d20+6 : 4 + 6, total 10[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+5 : 3, 3 + 5, total 11[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Intelligence:  1d20+1 : 20 + 1, total 21[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Surprisingly, the gem eyes weren't very embedded into the creature's face. It didn't take a whole lot of effort to dislodge them from the hard stone that kept them in place. You did your best to remove the bits of rock still attached to them, and soon enough you had two orange gems in your hands.

[okay]Obtained gems. Will be updating current inventory and previous inventory. Feel free to roll appraise.[/okay]With that done, you placed one of the clenched hands on the ground, and heaving your sword you began slicing at it, trying to pry loose its clenched fingers. Your first strike did minuscule damage, but it was enough to chip away at the fingers. With the elemental being a lifeless corpse, and likewise the rock that made its body no longer being malleable, it was much harder to deal damage to the piece of stone. You caught sight of a flash of light as your weapon hit the fist coming from a small crack that you created. But it quickly disappeared, and the crack was still too small to peer into.

[info]You deal 3 damage to it.

I'll resolve your intelligence check once you finish opening up the fist, or decide that was enough. Feel free to roll maybe 2 more sets of attacks and damage rolls.[/info]

Linwelin

Kin grunts. "I could swear this was easier to cut when it was alive!"

[info]Two more attacks

[blockquote]Attack 1:  1d20+6 : 8 + 6, total 14[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Attack 2:  1d20+6 : 14 + 6, total 20[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Damage 1:  2d6+5 : 6, 2 + 5, total 13[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage 2:  2d6+5 : 5, 6 + 5, total 16[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

The opened fist
You pounded your weapon against the hard rock again, this time centering your efforts on the crack that had appeared. The first strike further increased the wedge, but it wasn't until the second strike where you fully revealed what the elemental was clutching. The grooves and patterns that made up the end of its fists were all but destroyed, however, it at least revealed what looked to be a glowing crystal that was pulsating with energy. Even exposed, you saw flickers of electric jolts that sparked from the gem. Unlike the lifeless gems that made up the eyes, these ones were full of life.

You had left alone the other clenched fist, but you assumed that that too contained a similar crystal.

Throndir

Intelligence check: 21
As you thought about the indentations on the ground, as well as the fists that you carried. When the flickers of energy sparked from the gems, only then did you finally connect the fists to the two indentations you had seen near the bridges. The grooves and patterns that the closed 'fist' would make looked like it may just match the grooves and patterns in the two indentations. With the fact that the closed 'fists' held something of energy, you surmised that perhaps the fists acted as keys. Unfortunately one of the fists were already destroyed from your experimentation and literal 'digging', but the other fist was still in good shape.

Linwelin

Kin stared down at the gem glowing in his hand, then slowly turned his head with a blank stare, looking at the recently destroyed fist. After a pause, during which neither motion nor sound was made, Kin used his other hand to slap his forehead with his palm in frustration.

"Kin, you dolt!" He said to himself. "Why couldn't you have come up with that thought BEFORE destroying everything?"

Another sigh escaped the halfling's lips before he looked at the other fist and shrugged. "Well, I may as well cut the other one off and try to use it. If I'm lucky, it just needed the energy from the gems, and not the actual fists."

Thus, the swordsman wandered over to the elemental's other fist, only this time, he aimed his blade at the arm, trying to get the fist intact.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Linwelin

[info][blockquote]Attack 1:  1d20+6 : 17 + 6, total 23[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Attack 2:  1d20+6 : 20 + 6, total 26[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Damage 1:  2d6+5 : 4, 4 + 5, total 13[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Damage 2:  2d6+5 : 2, 6 + 5, total 13[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Linwelin

[info][blockquote]Crit confirm:  1d20+6 : 16 + 6, total 22[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

Kin
This time, you managed to get a clean cut, keeping the fist part of the elemental intact, but slicing off the rest to make it easy to carry.

[okay]Kin received "Portable Key"![/okay]

Linwelin

Kin wanders over to the grooved area, and attempts to use the key, still trying to recover from is embarrassment after failing to recognize the use of the golem's fist.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

With only one 'key' available, you placed it into the indentation. All of a sudden the fist briefly glowed as the energy moved itself to the groove in the floor. There was a rumbling sound and all of a sudden a beam of red light started connecting itself from the left edge of each section of the bridge, connecting itself to the next. What was most surprising was that the 'light' if it can be called as such, looked more like glowing chains. Not only that, each stone plank was also connected to the brass chain handrails with the same glowing chains. Unfortunately, although the left side of the bridge had the glowing chain pulsating through it, the right side had none.

Linwelin

Kin sighed in relief, but then looked down at the gem in his hand, the one removed from the giant fist he'd destroyed. "Let's hope this works!" With a slight pause to think of how the other one looked when it was inserted, Kin placed the gems into the proper spot in the grooves on the ground, hoping the other set of chains would appear.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Throndir

As the energy crystal neared the indentations on the floor, it crackled in electricity, though that was the only reaction, and there was no other movement.

Linwelin

Kin groaned in frustration, looking out at the half-completed bridge, and then notably down toward the lava below. His gaze lingered on this rather unfortunate circumstance, before he finally muttered, "I can't go back all that easily, and I REALLY don't want to climb and dangle across this chain...I'll just keep trying whatever other thoughts come to mind." Kin turns his attention to the "key". 'I wonder what happens if I out the fist in the other spot?"

Kin takes a moment to pick up the "key" and place it in the second indentation.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_