[IC] Goblins at the Gate

Started by Throndir, January 03, 2018, 03:51:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linwelin

Ana...

Kin sat motionless off to the side, lost in his thoughts as he continued to fight off the shock and negative emotions from recent events. He looked up, gazing at the duo that came through the portal from a distance. His eyes had an empty look to them.

Guard Powderkeg? How could I? I can't evened protect my own damned home! Besides there's already mention of spies, who's to say the whole defense won't get sabotaged internally again. He grimaced as the recent betrayal came back to mind. If I can't protect a place with people that CAN fight for themselves, what use am I in a place with people that can't? If they're all evacuated, it's best to just seal off the entry and focus on guarding the portal.

Thus, the halfling sat there, looking upon the flow of people going in and out of the portal. For a while, his expression remained the same, neutral and disinterested. But in a few minutes, it twisted into agitation. He'd become restless.

I'm sure their expressions are close to how mine's been. Kin gripped his fists together. I'm pathetic. At least these people have the excuse of not defending their town. But it's literally my job to protect. He clicked his tongue through his teeth through disdain for himself. Then why am I still on my arse!? Kin raised his fist up beside himself, and made a single, swift motion.

He punched himself in the face.

Kin, you dolt. Since when did you start doubting yourself? Have you always been such a quitter?

The halfling promptly stood up, dashing straight for the portal. "It's time to get to work!"

Kin's once-empty expression was now determined, his eyes lively. What better way to get out of this rut than a good fight?

Not far away, watching a certain halfling gather his wits.

"It's good that he's gathered himself together, but he's in no state to fight alone!" A certain armored swordsman muttered to himself in exasperation.

"I guess it's time to summon them." He said, as he made his way into the city, twirling a certain membership card in his hands before putting it away for safe-keeping.

[info]Kin joins the fight!

Takeo moves to gather the fan club together for their fearless leader.[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]