[blockquote]Rolled 10d6 : 3, 1, 6, 1, 5, 5, 3, 6, 3, 2, total 35[/blockquote]
[/info]

Mysticsage

[info]last edge for the day[
[blockquote]Rolled 6d6 : 2, 1, 3, 5, 6, 6, total 23[/blockquote]
/info]

Mysticsage

pringerbeam

The captain gives you a despondent look.  "You don't trust me do you greenhorn?  Guess it comes with the territory."  He sticks his vaporizer back in his pocket.  "You can let the officers know they can go ahead with their scan.  I need to let my crew know whats going on, give them some shoreleave for the next couple of hours while the scan happens.  No sense in letting them stay cooped up in the ship."  By now your stroll has brought you back to the cramped bridge and the captain throws himself into his chair.  "I'll give you a bit of a head start to get your stuff unloaded so you can get out of here.  I don't think the crew will take the news that well so I don't want a cargo crate 'accidentally' falling on your ride."  He puntuated his statement with fingers curled into airquotes before oulling his comlink out of his pocket.  "I'm going to need to see if I can pick up some additional cargo to try and make up for losing that deal on the fuel conduit.  Might be able to fit something in that's small but valuable."  He spins slowly in his chair as he looks down at his comlink. 

Mysticsage

Taking what he could get and leave well enough alone Trevor thought it best to leave the search to the professionals that were waiting for him. Taking the captain's advice he did one final inventory to make sure he had everything he had brought with him and then went into the cargo hold. He got everything in his car ready for a quick getaway and then went to find Gando with the good news. "He agreed to the deal and has permitted the scan you are free to go about your work. If you need me for anything like a scan of my car my commlink is on file. So would it be all right if I get going I have some more stuff to do today. "

pringerbeam

Gando waves at you as you approach, leaving Zatch to talk to the driver of a truck parked just inide the exit of the docking bay.  "Glad to hear it.  While you were in there I called in to headquarters to check out your credentials and they gave me your arrival instructions.  You are ordered to report to the Block 7 security station for orientation.  The station's navigation grid can take you there.  If you roll your vehicle out here we can scan it and send you on your way."  He whistles and waves an arm at the scanning crew still lounging with their equipment and they start to mill about shouldering thier gear. 

Mysticsage

Trevor nodded and got behind the wheel. So this was the kind of welcome the station had given him at least it meant that life would never be boring while he was on the force. Pulling his car into the signified spot to be scanned he wondered just what would be in store for him once he got into the office. Tapping through the grid system for the location of the security station cueing it up as his next generation.

pringerbeam

Two of the scanners wave their sensors across your vehicle and after a few moments one of them, a dalz'hu, says "Alright, looks good, no anomalies detected."  Gando comes over to your window and puts his hands on the roof of your car.  "OK cadet, looks like you're in the clear.  Sorry I pressed you hard earlier.  Hopefully, you'll see why pretty soon.  A word of advice before you go: watch yourself out there.  I know this ship came from the solarian core worlds and if there is one thing I've learned about you solarians it's that you've got it pretty easy out there.  Well this isn't the Solarian Republic and if you are gonna survive out here, you're going to need to make sure you know someone has your back."  He point over to Zatch, who continues to menace the crew of The Brown Tide from the bottom of the cargo ramp.  "You see that asshole over there?  He's a pain in my nuts but I know that if the shit goes down he'll have my back, and not just because he's clan."  He pats the roof of your car.  "So good luck cadet.  Hopefully next time we meet it's under different circumstances"

Mysticsage

"I mean all things said and done it could have gone much worse, but thanks for the advice. I'll always do my best to protect the people that are relying on me and it is good to know there are people like you are willing to do the same." He said offering a hand for a handshake. "Hopefully all days at work go this smoothly and I wish you happy hunting in the future. Finishing the last of his goodbyes quickly he was off to face the rest of his future on the Blue light station

pringerbeam

Gando takes your hand and gives it a quick shake before sending you along out the docking bay's doors.  The station's navigation grid pilots your car out into the wide multi-laned street along which various cargo and passenger vehicles speed.  Joining the stream of goods and people, your car accelerates to a swift clip.  Overhead, the occasional window lets you watch as you draw closer to the body of the station and the end of the docking spar.  As you ride along, your comlink notifies you of a message from Drake.

[okay]>>Drake:  Hey roommate, saw your comcode come up.  Hope your trip went well.  I've got to get on patrol so no time for a real chat right now.  Let's do dinner if you have the time tonight, welcome you to the station.  I know a great barbecue place.[/okay]
[info]You regain a point of edge[/info]

Mysticsage

Finishing the last bits of preparation he needed for the station he saw the message and wrote back
[okay]
>> Trevor: You're on I'll even pay for the first few rounds of food to make sure you can make it big man. See you then if I can just send me an address.
[/okay]

pringerbeam

After a short moment you receive Drake's response.

[okay]>>Drake:  Alright, see you there.  The place is called Gro'bu's Meat Palace.[/okay]A few minutes later your car's navigation system chimes in: "Now leaving Docking Spar 6 and entering Station Hub."  With the end of the notification your car sweeps up a ramp and a brief sensation of vertigo ripples through your body before your vehicle emerges into the main hub of the station.  Inside the giant cylinder, you are exposed to the glimmering cityscape folded in upon itself in a dizzying display of glowing towers both rising from below you and descending from above, some seeming to be almost tall enough to run into their counterparts ascending from the other side of the station.  Ahead see the largest towers illuminated by the blue glow of the nebula visible beyond them through a vast viewing window capping the end of the cylinder.  That is, until your car takes a few more sweeping curves to make a 180 and head in the other direction. 
     Now ahead of you you notice a gradual decrease in the height of the towers and a dimmer glow.  As your car speeds down the thoroughfare you notice the vehicles taking on a more worn appearance.  You hear a roar as a flock of motorcycles climbs a ramp to drive alongside you.  The motley crew of human bikers in the most punkish of riding leathers quickly flows around your car and one of them drives up to less than a third of a meter from your door, clearly having disabled their grid navigation, before giving you the finger and accelerating with the rest of the gang to pass beyond you with shouts and hoots.
     It is not long after the roar of the biker's engines fade that your car takes an exit ramp to descend down into the sea of towers, now only ten to fifteen stories above the road you have been following.  Your car slows down considerably as you come down to the lowest levels, perhaps close to the superstructure of the station itself, and are faced with streets crowded with other vehicles.  The lighting takes on a dimmer tone, while not really dark by any stretch of the imagination, the light is provided entirely by the glow of lights inside the towers you pass and the abundance of physical advertisements reminding you of night in one of the old metropoli of Earth.  Along the street, you see wide sidewalks crowded with pedestrians of all the common Confederation species all going about their business.
     Finally, you reach your destination.  The navigation system chimes in with a "Now arriving at Block 7 security office" and rolls up to one of the towers, piloting to and intake tunnel where it is stopped in front of a security barricade.  A dalz'hu sitting in a booth next to the barricade gets up from his seat and walks out to along your driver's seat.  "Sir, I'm going to have to ask you to clear this driveway.  It's for station security personnel and business only unless you have an appointment."

Mysticsage

[info]I don't know how I feel about the name Trevor do you like Shane better? And will we start a new thread when the beginning chapter ends I don't want to fix the karma I need to spend till then.[/info]

He watched the city pass by him in awe. As he moved deeper and deeper into the city's underbelly he was both excited and concerned. It meant that he would have to be on his game from day one, but at the same time a department in this type of area surely needed the manpower and it was perhaps where he had the most experience and could make the most difference. He knew he had managed to find a nice middle-class apartment not more then a short car ride away from the station. So there must have been a reasonable pocket somewhere and once he got the lay of the land he would be able to judge things better.

But as the bikers past, he was glad that he had saved up his money during school for his first place and splurged for a reasonable security for things like his car and doors. As he pulled up to the station he did his best to surprise the duel feelings that he was a child on Christmas and at the same time wanting to vomit from stress. Once the car stopped he rolled down the window and waited for the guard to come forward. "Yeah sorry man, I should be expected I'm the newbie that's taking the open post here today. My name is Shane Beltane. SIN # *************. Sorry if I'm late I had a hang up at the docks."

pringerbeam

The guard's eyes lose focus for a second in the telltale fashion of someone looking at information through a DNI and they give you a smile.  "Ah yeah I see you.  Welcome to the service.  You can drive up to the visitor's parking for now until facilities management gets a chance to register your vehicle.  Report to the Block security chief's office for the rest of your assignment.  Its pretty easy to find, just take the elevator up to the top floor."  He pulls a comlink out of his armored vest and taps the screen a few times  "I've tagged you with a temporary ARO to get you facility access so you should be able to get where you need to go."  His gaze flickers for a brief instant and the security gate descends down into the driveway to let you pass.  "Welcome to Block 7 cadet.  Don't die out there."  He gives you a wink and a nod and steps back into his booth.

[info]Yeah feel free to make any changes to your character that you want before the start of the next chapter.  There will be a new thread for each chapter.  As a heads up, in case it wasn't already implied when we talked about it earlier, I am waiving any training time for karma spent in the time between the first and second chapter for the purpose of making sure your character is in a condition that you feel is satisfactory to truly start the game.[/info]