[Buck] Breaking Bonds, Forging Bonds

Started by Halikaarn, January 30, 2017, 10:30:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Halikaarn

Two months in Ternadan. Two months of careful planning and infiltration led to this moment. At long last, a chance to strike at the heart of a dark evil that choked the city in suffering. Buck looked up to the heavens, subvocalizing a quick prayer: "Milani, hope of those in captivity, you have at last opened the path. Grant me the strength to show your light of hope to those who have suffered long with no hope of release." Turning round, he beamed at his current client, the wealthy banker Boniface Aureate, still sweaty and panting from their recent exertion. Kissing him gently, Buck said "I don't know why you think that's going to scare me, you know as well as I that there's no slave in this city remotely as skilled as me."

Boniface laughed. "Miles, I worship you, but neither my body nor my purse can handle much more! I need something more simple and less extravagant. You can go bleed the rest of the wealthy dry, I'll have to take a good, long rest with someone whose affections are less... demanding."

Buck stood up, walking over to his bag to get dressed. "You'll miss me, Boniface, and dearly. But you're right about one thing, you can't afford me anymore." From his bag, he pulled an outfit markedly different from what Boniface had last seen him in. The translucent, form-fitting silks gave way to a long, tattered, hooded white robe with a sigil of a rose growing from a red field. Buck dressed quickly, then turned around and faced Boniface again, who suddenly felt very exposed.

"Miles, my dear, this is not exactly my cup of tea. Please untie me, we can spend some time together and I'll give you a bonus as a farewell gift! There's no hurry, my money is still gooAAAAAAAA!" He was cut off suddenly as Buck produced a whip and cracked it right over his head. "Have you lost your mind, boy?! I could have you locked up for playing around like that, and I'd have a mind to if you didn't have my affections! Now untie me and stop this game." Buck looked at him with nothing but cold, determined contempt, cracking the whip once again.

"Boniface Aureate, in the name of Milani the Liberator, I pronounce Judgement: you have committed to the enslavement of one of Milani's children, and She will receive your life." Buck paced around the bed, Boniface now fighting with all his might against the restraints and screeching promises and threats.

"By all the gods I swear to do no harm, have mercy! Let me free, we can talk about this like civilized men! If you lay a finger on me you'll never know peace!" Buck stopped pacing finally, came back and bent over Boniface's weeping, desperate face. He unfurled the whip again, and, stepping back, lay two lashes across Boniface's naked chest. Boniface's screams redoubled. Then Buck came back and placed a finger over his lips.

"Boniface, you have a chance to find mercy, and in the best way, by helping those in bondage achieve true liberation. Milani will look kindly upon you again, but you must tell me where these slavers are. I must stop them and I must free my suffering sisters and brothers. You must help me." Boniface could manage only a terrified nod. Buck removed his finger, and gestured for him to speak.

"I...i...it's in the slums. There is a small tavern called The Redsmoke near a well in the oldest part of the slums. Around the back is a small door. Knock on it and ask for Mina's flowers. You'll be admitted, but you'll have to show gold and relinquish your weapons. I swear that's all I know." Buck looked long and hard into his eyes, judging them. Finally he nodded, and smiled again.

"Boniface, you were a fun lay, and that is something I value, even though your exploitation and subjugation of innocents is intolerable. I truly enjoyed some of our sessions, and hope you find happiness." Boniface began to breath a sigh of relief. "Though you'll have to find happiness and succor in the judgement of Milani, as you can no longer harm people on this plane. " Terror came back to Boniface's eyes, as Buck lifted the whip and wrapped it around Boniface's neck, slowly choking him to death. As he breathed his last, Buck leaned forward, casting Brand upon his forehead, to send him into the arms of Milani with Her sigil upon his brow. Then, hurriedly untying him, Buck looped a length of rope around his neck again, tying him to the top of the bed and moving his hands near his groin. Then, stealthily, left through the bedroom window and, fabricating himself the clothes of a simple servant, left the manor unnoticed. He hurried to the slums, hoping speed could save another life.

Valiancy

Visions of his childhood tormented Vahn as of late, stealing away any chance he had at a decent nights rest. The memories were always taunting him but slumber was usually a temporary reprieve. For a tireless-now-tired, self-righteous Paladin sleep was already a precious commodity. He wandered the previous night away in hopes that enough exhaustion would stave off the nightmares, but instead found himself slumped over at the bar of a local- and rather seedy- pub.

The murmur of regular patrons in the wee hours of the morn came to a halt with the loud bellowing of an elk beast tethered just outside. A few peered outside, rubbed their eyes in disbelief, then took generous swigs of their drinks. Vahn laughed faintly and shook his head, staring at the contents of his own as he swirled it around.

I don't know what I'm doing here. His mind echoed. It seems like all of that was another lifetime ago, but still I relive it every waking day. My failure is inexcusable. Iomedae forgive me...And lead me to where I'm needed. The thoughts trailed and Vahn shook his head vigorously before laying down the coin he owed.