[IC] In Defense of the Guild: Vault

Started by Throndir, June 22, 2016, 07:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throndir

[info]Cost 5, Reroll a skill check. Must take new roll.

Updating karma use, points spent: 131 -> 136[/info]Kin
Your training in the Veiled Moon discipline, gave you just enough time to react even though the beams were literally only a few inches away from impacting. You focused as reality seemed to cave in around you, and soon enough you found yourself 10 ft. away, appearing right next to the so-called 'Ana', leaving behind an afterimage that the woman's spells pierced through, but with no damage to you.

Xantaeus Aldorn

"Friend of heathens, consorters of demons! Ye who have strayed from the most righteous of paths. To lay a hand on the anointed ones, bear the wrath from the servant of god."

[info]Roll knowledge (martial) to identify.[/info][include u=2]Defending the Pride
[/include] With that, the winged man started to double back towards Kin, raising his weapon and attempting to charge towards the halfling.

[okay]Ryine to take AoO vs Winged Man.[/okay]

Linwelin

[info][blockquote]Knowledge (Martial):  1d20+4 : 16 + 4, total 20[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Kin
You recognize the ability as Defending the Pride.

QuoteDEFENDING THE PRIDE
Discipline: Golden Lion (Boost)
Level: 2
Initiation Action: 1 swift action
Range: 60-ft.
Target: Allies
Duration: One round
With a cry to defend themselves from incoming
attacks, the inspirational words of the disciple aid his
allies in their defense. As a swift action, the initiator
grants all allies within 60-ft. a +4 morale bonus to
their AC for one round.

Oath

Ryine caught the winged man charging his companion and lashed out with his trusty blade.

[info]Attack of Opportunity

To hit: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+16 : 7 + 16, total 23[/blockquote]

Damage: [blockquote]Rolled 3d6+16 : 3, 6, 4 + 16, total 29[/blockquote]
Fire damage: [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 3, total 7[/blockquote]
[/info]

Throndir

Ryine
Your attack missed, just barely with your sword catching the man at an awkward angle, causing the sword to bounce.

The winged man continued his charge, attacking Kin. He had a wide grin on his bespeckled face as his scimitar managed to dig into Kin's back. Though the halfling was blurred, the Winged Man's attack still struck true. The weapon sliced in deep, the winged man hiding a surprising amount of strength in his blow.

[error]Winged Man deals 16 damage to Kin.[/error]
QuoteLog
[spoiler]Round 1 begins.
Winged Man attacks and hits Arelia. Arelia disappears.
Ryine full round attacks Winged Man but misses both.
Kin moves 10 ft. NE, avoiding AoO, then uses Leaping Dragon to move 35 ft. east. Then invokes Total Defense.
Jorn skipped.
Ana 5 ft. steps closer to artifact, pulls it out as a move action, standard action on casting a spell aimed at Kin.
Round 1 ends, round 2 begins.
Winged Man charges at Kin, provokes AoO from Ryine, but Ryine misses. Deals 16 damage to Kin.[/spoiler]

Initiative Order
[spoiler]Winged Man
Ryine
Kin
Jorn
Anastasia?[/spoiler]

Damage Taken/Status
[spoiler]Winged Man:
Ryine:
Kin: 16, Formless Dance (see invisibility and blur)
Jorn:
Anastasia?:[/spoiler]

Oath

Ryine let out a beast-like howl as the winged man slipped past his blow and dug his blade into Kin. Letting an ally come into harms way, even one as boisterous and sturdy as Kin was unacceptable to him. With renewed vigor, he charged after the winged man, determined to land a blow.

[info]
Ryine charges after the Winged man, ideally in a position to flank with Kin.

Charge attack roll: 2 bonus from charge, 2 bonus from flanking.
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+20 : 12 + 20, total 32[/blockquote]
Damage roll: [blockquote]Rolled 3d6+16 : 2, 5, 1 + 16, total 24[/blockquote]
Fire damage: [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 1, total 5[/blockquote]
[/info]

Throndir

Ryine
The blow landed and you were satisfied as you managed to land your attack on the man's back. You felt the impact of solid metal underneath, but you felt his armor bend from your blow, with the shock of the blunt trauma enough to make the winged man cough a spurt of blood. You also see what looked to be another person, garbed in black with white hair near the crystal.

QuoteRoll20 Grid: https://app.roll20.net/join/2018883/_ZacJg

Log
[spoiler]Round 1 begins.
Kin moves 10 ft. NE, avoiding AoO, then uses Leaping Dragon to move 35 ft. east. Then invokes Total Defense.
Jorn skipped.
Ana 5 ft. steps closer to artifact, pulls it out as a move action, standard action on casting a spell aimed at Kin. Kin uses Counter and succeeds. Invisibility wears off.
Winged Man charges at Kin, provokes AoO from Ryine, but Ryine misses. Deals 16 damage to Kin.
Ryine charges and deals 29 damage to Winged Man.[/spoiler]

Initiative Order
[spoiler]Winged Man
Ryine
Kin
Jorn
Anastasia?[/spoiler]

Damage Taken/Status
[spoiler]Winged Man: 29, Defending the Pride (+4 AC, 1 round), [include u=2]Riven Hourglass Stance (+4 AC, encounter),Bless (+1 atk/dmg, encounter), Bulls Strength (+2 atk/dmg, encounter)
[/include]
Ryine:
Jorn:
Anastasia?: 0, Defending the Pride (+4 AC, 1 round on Winged Man's turn), [include u=2]Mage Armor (+4 AC, encounter), Energy Retort (encounter), Shield (+4 AC, encounter)
[/include][/spoiler]

Linwelin

"Ack!" Kin grunts as he's hit from behind. "Why me!? You've got another man with a giant sword in front of you!" Still, the strike did not change what the halfling was determined to do. Ignoring the winged man once more, Kin rolled to the side and leapt forward, raising his blade. Though it pained him to confront who he still believed to be Ana, in some form, he could not hesitate to defend this item based on what Arelia had said.

"Drop that!" He shouted as his greatsword swung down toward Ana's grip on the Galas'nor sword.

[info]Tumbling to avoid AoO caused from disarm (getting out of threat range of Xantaeus). Avoiding using immediate action so I can counter next round. Need to roll for tumble acrobatics check, and two acrobatics to avoid AoO for moving in threatened squares.

Then attacking with a Disarm, provoking AoO from Ana.

Checks in next post.[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Linwelin

[info][blockquote]Acrobatics to successfully tumble past Ana:  1d20+17 : 14 + 17, total 31[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Acrobatics vs Xantaeus to tumble past:  1d20+17 : 1 + 17, total 18[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Attack to disarm (combat maneuver) Ana:  1d20+12 : 15 + 12, total 27[/blockquote]

If disarm succeeds, and I don't need to use karma for it, Kin will use Karma to gain an extra turn to retrieve the sword of Galas'nor. (I THINK I'm able)[/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Linwelin

[info]WHY DO I ALWAYS ROLL 1s!!!! D:

...Karma.

[blockquote]Acrobatics vs Xantaeus:  1d20+17 : 3 + 17, total 20[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Xantaeus Aldorn

You followed through with your attempt to disarm the supposed Ana however. As you neared her, she attempted to swing with the weapon she now held in her hands. However, her attack was clumsy, and though the Sword of Galas'nor would have been a dangerous weapon in the right hands, when she swung, she missed completely. Using that momentum, you reached out with your weapon, striking just so, and soon enough the sword fell to the ground; the disarm successful.

Fallacia

Seeing the weapon fall down, the girl started to pick up the weapon, leaving an opening for Kin to take.

QuoteRoll20 Grid: https://app.roll20.net/join/2018883/_ZacJg

Log
[spoiler]Round 1 begins.
Jorn skipped.
Ana 5 ft. steps closer to artifact, pulls it out as a move action, standard action on casting a spell aimed at Kin. Kin uses Counter and succeeds. Invisibility wears off.
Winged Man charges at Kin, provokes AoO from Ryine, but Ryine misses. Deals 16 damage to Kin.
Ryine charges and deals 29 damage to Winged Man.
Kin 5-ft. steps east. Attempts to disarm, and is successful.
Jorn skipped. (2nd)
Ana attempts to pick up Sword of Galasnor. Provokes AoO from Kin.[/spoiler]

Initiative Order
[spoiler]Winged Man
Ryine
Kin
Jorn
Anastasia?[/spoiler]

Damage Taken/Status
[spoiler]Winged Man: 29, Defending the Pride (+4 AC, 1 round), [include u=2]Riven Hourglass Stance (+4 AC, encounter),Bless (+1 atk/dmg, encounter), Bulls Strength (+2 atk/dmg, encounter)
[/include]
Ryine:
Jorn:
Anastasia?: 0, Defending the Pride (+4 AC, 1 round on Winged Man's turn), [include u=2]Mage Armor (+4 AC, encounter), Energy Retort (encounter), Shield (+4 AC, encounter), Bulls Strength (+2 atk/dmg, encounter)
[/include][/spoiler]

Linwelin

[info]Prepare for AoO chaos! Kin is going to trip as in place of his attack for the Attack of Opportunity, which in-turn provokes an attack of opportunity from Fallacia. She's unarmed, though, I don't think she CAN AoO?[/info]

Seeing 'Ana' go directly for the sword, Kin springs forward, watching his distance related to the angel, and attempts to trip the woman before him. "No you don't!" The halfling whips out the back side of his blade, striking at 'Ana's' legs to knock her prone.
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Linwelin

[blockquote]Trip Combat Maneuver vs CMD:  1d20+8 : 7 + 8, total 15[/blockquote]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_