[IC] In Defense of the Guild: Vault

Started by Throndir, June 22, 2016, 07:24:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arelia

Arelia answered as the rest of her companions began readying their weapons.

"The sword is perhaps the guild's greatest treasure. You can say that the guild was created to house the two artifacts." She was about to say more, but the winged opponent didn't leave a lot of time for the guild members to prepare their defenses, and had immediately changed his stance and closed the gap surprisingly quickly.

[info]Knowledge: Martial to identify the stance.[/info]

The man's reaction time was surprising, and even Arelia could not escape the scimitar that appeared in the man's hands as it swung for her. The weapon bit deep into her arm, and immediately light seemed to glow from the weapon as it bit into Arelia's flesh.

Arelia

[info]Arelia will save vs Weapon's enchantment
[blockquote]Rolled 1d20+7 : 8 + 7, total 15[/blockquote][/info]

Xantaeus Aldorn

Whatever the enchantment was, it started to take hold of Arelia. The light, bright and white, seemed to exude a feeling of holiness, much like weapons powerful clerics or paladins used. As the light engulfed Arelia, she seemed to dematerialize, and eventually she was gone. All that was left in her place was the bespacled man grinning widely.

"Caelum sends his regards, banker."

Fallacia

Kin
As you activated your stance, Formless Dance, your eyes started picking out something strange. The use of the ability puts the user in an almost dimensional flux, and as you began your stance what would normally be invisible to the naked eye started appearing. A distance away, perhaps around 40 ft. near the Sword of Galas'nor looked to be a woman. She seemed to not pay much attention to the fighting that winged man was about to bring, and instead was more focused on the sword encased in the crystal.

Her features were weaving in and out of your vision as your started your stance, telling you for certain that whoever she was, was under some sort of invisibility. Your companions with you likely would not have been able to perceive her at all. As you looked at her closer however, you noticed that she seemed eerily familiar. She wore a form-fitting black dress, and her hair was silken white. But it was the ribbon in her hair that gave you pause. You knew only one person who kept that knotted ribbon in her hair, and you knew her well. Ever since she was found abandoned and bloodied in Tzane's cavern did she wear that same very ribbon neatly tied in her hair. As the realization began to sink in, you recognized her face.

It was Anastasia.

You tried to search for that mental link you had with the girl, but as you tried to center your thoughts to it, to spark that communication you had with the psion, you found it blocked, as if a giant wall was placed between you and her.

Throndir

QuoteInitiative Order
[spoiler]Winged Man
Ryine
Kin
Jorn
Anastasia?[/spoiler]

Damage Taken/Status
[spoiler]Winged Man:
Ryine:
Kin: 0, Formless Dance
Jorn:
Anastasia?:[/spoiler]

Throndir

QuoteHere's the Grid Map (need to put the enemy tokens, but assume visible one is 10 ft. away. So, 5 ft. step from either of you can full-round attack it. The invisible one is around 40 ft. away from Kin near the centerpiece crystals.

Light sources: Ryine's sword, 20 ft. Kin's sword: 10 ft. toggleable. Center crystals: 20 ft.

https://app.roll20.net/join/2018883/_ZacJg

Oath

[spoiler=click for music]http://youtube.com/v/qvSRDInPAHw&autoplay=1[/spoiler]

Ryine lashed out at the enemy in front of him. Whoever it was must be an even larger idiot than he, if they have the nerve to attack the halls of Galas'nor. He stepped forward and heaved Eclipse through the air, a pair of vicious slices with a single purpose: Erase those foolish enough to try to destroy his home.

[info] Ryine takes a 5 foot step, and does a full round action.

Attack 1: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+16 : 2 + 16, total 18[/blockquote]
Damage 1: [blockquote]Rolled 3d6+20 : 3, 2, 2 + 20, total 27[/blockquote] Fire damage: [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 5, 2, total 7[/blockquote]

Attack 2: [blockquote]Rolled 1d20+11 : 14 + 11, total 25[/blockquote]
Damage 2: [blockquote]Rolled 3d6+20 : 2, 2, 6 + 20, total 30[/blockquote] Fire damage: [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 5, 6, total 11[/blockquote]
[/info]

Throndir

Ryine
Your attacks miss. The first strike hit his robes as he attempted to dodge out of the way, he had nearly dodged as well, but the resulting clang told you that he had armor underneath that prevented the attack. Your next attack too came in swiftly and true, but again it was blocked by the armor. It was a strong hit, but you felt your attacks slow just as they neared hitting the opponent as if they were being deflected, and once it did pierce through that, the armor still held.

QuoteRoll20 Grid: https://app.roll20.net/join/2018883/_ZacJg

Log
[spoiler]Round 1 begins.
Winged Man attacks and hits Arelia. Arelia disappears.
Ryine full round attacks Winged Man but misses both.[/spoiler]

Initiative Order
[spoiler]Winged Man
Ryine
Kin
Jorn
Anastasia?[/spoiler]

Damage Taken/Status
[spoiler]Winged Man:
Ryine:
Kin: 0, Formless Dance
Jorn:

Linwelin

"Ana? ANA!?" Kin shouts in shock. Something about the woman in the distance was odd, but the face was unmistakably Anastasia's. "Ryine, cover this winged weirdo for a sec." Without leaving a moment for response, Kin circled around the 'priest' a little, leveling his stare as the man stared back. Then, with a smile, and a glint in his eyes, Kin spoke one word. "Bye!"

In a split second, Kin was already lunging through the air, barreling straight for Ana.

[info]Kin walks up and right 2 spaces diagonally, then uses a Dragon's Leap (Acrobatics check +20 = number of feet I can move as an immediate action) to try to cover the distance between himself and Anastasia.

[blockquote]Dragon's leap:  1d20+37 : 20 + 37, total 57[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

?Why did your first encounter end up as yourselves?? -Ella

?What'd he drop?? -Lance, asking about loot from a slain enemy.
?Well, he dropped his arms.? -Linwelin, after slicing off said enemy's arms.

Fayleen: "It's my sister..."
Kedric: "Did she fall into a hole? THAT SOUNDS GLORIOUS!"
Fayleen: "No! I mean, what, how did you even-" -Throndir
*Her sister had actually fallen in a hole.

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
"Because no one else thought of it." - Kryas Windsell
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Linwelin

The halfling expertly lands before the invisible woman. "Ana, is that you? What are you doing here!?" Though fairly sure it's Ana, Kin keeps his guard up, not knowing if any other oddities will occur past a crazy flying cleric showing up in the vault and 'Lia disappearing.

[info]Perception to recognize if it's really Ana or not:
[blockquote]Perception:  1d20+14 : 12 + 14, total 26[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

[spoiler=Quote Collection]"It could be a rock that was intricately chiseled into...a rock." - Throndir

Romanian Dumitri writes "Writing for the sake of writing, Going to beat that Maeve. What is she trying to do writing MORE than me?! I swear she's not going to take my place as the most buff occult reporter. She doesn't hold a candle!"
_
World-renowned author and chronicler, Kryas Windsell, presents: "The Bestiary of Galas'nor"

Quote from the Author:
_

"Oh so there's a wizard? With magic pills? LET'S FEED IT TO RANDOM PEOPLE" -Throndir, refering to 'A Strange Visitor' RP[/spoiler]

Throndir

Kin
Moving in a wide circle around the winged man, you made it a point to aim straight for the one who looked and seemed like a strange Ana further back. The winged man caught your move, but the rush from Ryine had the man busy with defending himself and was not able to intercept you.

The moment you got closer to her, ending your leap and keeping your guard up, the girl looked very much like Ana. Her figure and height looked to like your adopted daughter's. Her neatly kept hair, along with the ribbon she had looked very much familiar. The only differences you could see were the color of her eyes and hair, along with the tight-fitting garb she wore. With your connection blocked, you didn't feel the same warmth you usually get from her.

A field of electricity seemed to be protecting her. The electric fields continued to dance around her body, though didn't seem to pain her at all.

Fallacia

"You." The person stated simply as she realized that you were able to see her. She didn't respond to your question though, her eyes looked at you with purpose however, but there was no friendly emotion, only a very steeled gaze. Instead she seemed to about to take a step back.

QuoteRoll20 Grid: https://app.roll20.net/join/2018883/_ZacJg

Log
[spoiler]Round 1 begins.
Ryine full round attacks Winged Man but misses both.
Kin moves 10 ft. NE, avoiding AoO, then uses Leaping Dragon to move 35 ft. east. Kin has a standard or move action left.[/spoiler]

Initiative Order
[spoiler]Winged Man
Ryine
Kin
Jorn
Anastasia?[/spoiler]

Damage Taken/Status
[spoiler]Winged Man:
Ryine:
Kin: 0, Formless Dance (see invisibility and blur)
Jorn:

Kin has a standard or move action left.

Fallacia

Seeing that you made no move towards her. The person finally responded back as she took that step closer to the artifact at the center.

"From what I was told... After the guild of Teras'nor separated from Galas'nor hundreds of years ago, the guild master of Galas'nor placed an enchantment on the sword. 'Only a member of the guild could wield the sword, and shun those who do not bear the mark'." She repeated. As she did so, she begun playing with the ribbon in her hair, displaying the guild emblem finely embroidered in the piece of cloth.

She placed a hand on the weapon's hilt, drawing it easily from the encased crystal. At that moment the light emanating from the crystals started to dim. The source of their power being pulled out causing the diminishing light.

"It looks like I have that mark."

With the Sword of Galas'nor in hand, she begun casting a spell, directed towards Kin, tendrils of black energy appeared, and shortly after a ray of darkness aimed straight towards Kin shot forth from her fingertips. Kin was prepared, setting himself into a total defensive stance. Yet the girl's aim proved to be true, and Kin watched as the beam was about to hit him.

[info]Since you have counters, feel free to call one out if you plan to use it, if not, let me know too and I'll resolve it.[/info]

QuoteLog
[spoiler]Round 1 begins.
Ryine full round attacks Winged Man but misses both.
Kin moves 10 ft. NE, avoiding AoO, then uses Leaping Dragon to move 35 ft. east. Then invokes Total Defense.
Jorn skipped.
Ana 5 ft. steps closer to artifact, pulls it out as a move action, standard action on casting a spell aimed at Kin.[/spoiler]

Initiative Order
[spoiler]Winged Man
Ryine
Kin
Jorn
Anastasia?[/spoiler]

Damage Taken/Status
[spoiler]Winged Man:
Ryine:
Kin: 0, Formless Dance (see invisibility and blur)
Jorn:

Linwelin

[info]Kin uses his "Altered Penumbra" counter. Kin's Stealth vs. 'Ana's Perception. If he succeeds, he teleports next to her and her spell hits an afterimage of him.

[blockquote]Stealth:  1d20+17 : 5 + 17, total 22[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_

Linwelin

[info]Karma reroll

[blockquote]Stealth:  1d20+17 : 19 + 17, total 36[/blockquote][/info]
GG - Kin Sheel
GG - Vladimir Ludwik
Hero - Viktor Kozlav
SA - Uthaal Nailo
JE - Sebastian Zweigart
SH - Roman Ilya Pajari
EoD - Corey Grieve
EoD - Daniel Rask

_

Quote from the Author:
_